There's a huge industry in baby products. Some of them are all hype and no substance. These bits of kit are FAB:
- Snugglebundl - genius little lifting blanket so that if your very young baby falls asleep in the car seat or in their bed, you can just lift them gently to wherever they need to be without waking them. You can also swing them gently in it, and swaddle with it. It also saves your back!
- Red light nightlight - these do not impact on your child's melatonin (sleep cycle hormone) like blue/white lights
- Amby nature's nest baby hammock - this fantastic hammock is brilliant if you have a colicky baby or if they suffer from reflux - it maintains a neutral spine position and is supposed to be womb-like.
- White noise app - you can download these freely! Don't waste money on buying one!
- Arm's reach co-sleeper - the safest way to so-sleep with your baby. It's worth spending the extra getting the larger cot - it'll last much longer.
- Baby lambskin fleece - these keep your little one warm in the Winter, and cool in the Summer. They double as playmats and then small rugs once your baby has outgrown theirs for lying on.
- Baba sling - lightweight, stuff it in your changing bag, use it as a breastfeeding cover, and carry your baby on your front, hip or with them lying down.
- Baby bjorn bouncy chair - perfect for when you need to leave your little one somewhere safe while you have a shower.
- Hippychick hip seat - these are recommended by osteopaths and physiotherapists as a much more comfortable and safer way to carry your baby on your hip. Perfect for those 'velcro' days!